MetroBus construction work looks set to be extended onto a further section of Bradley Stoke Way within the next few days, after local businesses were informed that new ‘traffic management’ measures are about to be put in place.
The Journal understands that work is about to start on widening the section of Bradley Stoke Way between Patchway Brook Roundabout (near Aldi) and Savages Wood Roundabout (near Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre / Tesco Extra).
Contractors have been working on part of the section today, felling trees and removing vegetation on the north-east side of the road between Bowsland Way and Primrose Bridge.
The planned work will see the road widened by one lane’s width on the north-east side, so that the two existing general traffic lanes can be moved over to allow the creation of a north-west bound bus lane running from the Willow Brook Centre up to the roundabout near Aldi.
“There will be traffic management in place on Bradley Stoke Way between Patchway Brook and Savages Wood from Thursday 25th February 2016.”
According to the letter, the traffic management measures will include:
- Narrow lanes to be implemented from Patchway Brook Roundabout to Savages Wood Roundabout, however maintaining two-way traffic at all time
- The bus lane west of the Savages Wood Roundabout to be closed, however bus access to the Willow Brook Centre from Bradley Stoke Way to be maintained
- Some localised footway diversions will be required, but crossings will be maintained or alternative crossings provided and signposted
The roadworks.org website states that “lane closures to install traffic management for main works” will take place tonight (25th February), with the main works lasting from 26th February 2016 to 10th January 2017.
Local MP Jack Lopresti has arranged a public meeting at Bradley Stoke Community School tomorrow (26th February, 7pm start) to discuss local residents’ concerns about the level of disruption the MetroBus works are causing.
Photo: Tree felling on Bradley Stoke Way today (25th February).
Related link: MetroBus construction in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Rabbit Roundabout: Three weeks of overnight road closures start Wednesday - August 4th, 2020
- Funds allocated for Brook Way and Orpheus Avenue resurfacing - August 3rd, 2020
- Trench Lane to be closed for six weeks at M4 bridge - July 25th, 2020
- Roundabout work set to finish three months early - July 19th, 2020
- Bus service frequencies increased to support social distancing as lockdown eased - May 31st, 2020