My wife and I sadly witnessed a mindless act of destruction yesterday on the big hill in the nature reserve. On our walk we saw several teenagers on the hill and 5 minutes later a fire broke out where they were standing which quickly grew out of control.
We called the police and fire service to attend and confronted the youths only to receive a load of verbal and aggressive abuse back, so we departed to wait for the fire service.
The group continued to hang around for 10-15 minutes, but sadly neither the police nor fire service attended.
Two PCSOs called by our house about 45 mins later, although they couldn’t find where the fire happened.
Photo: Aftermath of fire on the Tump.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021