My wife and I sadly witnessed a mindless act of destruction yesterday on the big hill in the nature reserve. On our walk we saw several teenagers on the hill and 5 minutes later a fire broke out where they were standing which quickly grew out of control.
We called the police and fire service to attend and confronted the youths only to receive a load of verbal and aggressive abuse back, so we departed to wait for the fire service.
The group continued to hang around for 10-15 minutes, but sadly neither the police nor fire service attended.
Two PCSOs called by our house about 45 mins later, although they couldn’t find where the fire happened.
Photo: Aftermath of fire on the Tump.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020