My wife and I sadly witnessed a mindless act of destruction yesterday on the big hill in the nature reserve. On our walk we saw several teenagers on the hill and 5 minutes later a fire broke out where they were standing which quickly grew out of control.
We called the police and fire service to attend and confronted the youths only to receive a load of verbal and aggressive abuse back, so we departed to wait for the fire service.
The group continued to hang around for 10-15 minutes, but sadly neither the police nor fire service attended.
Two PCSOs called by our house about 45 mins later, although they couldn’t find where the fire happened.
Photo: Aftermath of fire on the Tump.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom report for August - 3rd September 2020
- VE Day carnival rearranged for May 2021 - 25th July 2020
- Stone ‘happiness snake’ just keeps on growing! - 14th July 2020