The children of Abacus Pre-School @ Meadowbrook and Abacus Pre-School @ Baileys Court enjoyed a wonderfully wet morning discovering the local woodlands at Savages Wood! The children from each setting were invited along with their parents to join in some fun woodland activities, including ‘filling a bucket with woodland treasure’, musical instruments, stories & puppets and ‘bug hunts’ with magnifying glasses.
The children met with the managers from each setting and enjoyed the fun of the muddy puddles and activities taking in a long walk around the woods. The children were very lucky and were invited to join some local colleagues from South Gloucestershire Council who were building a ‘camp fire’.
The session ended with the children enjoying their milk and toasting marshmallows to make smores whilst singing songs!
Amanda Lacey, manager of Abacus @ Meadowbrook, commented:
“The staff at Abacus were thrilled with the parent participation and are hoping to provide similar activities in the future as they are keen for the children to explore their local environment and enhance their learning and play opportunities.”
This article originally appeared in the June 2016 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020