Parents, youngsters and adult volunteers gathered at Brook Way Activity Centre on Wednesday 13th July for the AGM and open evening of the 1st Bradley Stoke Scout Group.
The event was an opportunity for the group to showcase its achievements over the past year, which have included the formation of a marching band and further development of the water activities unit.
The meeting was also given further details about plans to form two new sections in the coming months.
Following the formalities of the AGM, parents were offered the chance to try a range of Beaver/Cub/Scout/Explorer activities and experience Scouting for themselves!
The evening was rounded off with a family BBQ.
This article originally appeared in the August 2016 edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine, delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Nature reserve tunnelling work due to start soon - April 23rd, 2017
- South Gloucestershire honours unsung heroes - April 14th, 2017
- Birdwatchers’ anger as berry trees felled - April 14th, 2017
- More leaders gain their 'Wood Badge' at 1st Bradley Stoke Scout Group - March 30th, 2017
- Grants available to help set up new community groups in Bradley Stoke - March 22nd, 2017
Share this article: