Do you enjoy capturing the changing colours of autumn on your camera or smartphone? Well, this year you have an extra incentive because the Journal has launched its ‘Autumn 2016 in The Stokes’ photo competition, with a first prize of £30.
The prize will be awarded to whoever sends us the shot that best captures the beauty of the season in the local area. There will also be two runners-up prizes of £20 and £10 each,
Photos must be taken during October 2016 in a public place within the Five Stokes area (Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke, Stoke Gifford, Stoke Lodge or Harry Stoke).
To enter, email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, post or message it to the Bradley Stoke Journal Facebook page or post it on Twitter mentioning @TheBSJournal and including the #AutumnPhoto hashtag.
Don’t forget to include your name and say where the picture was taken.
The competition will close at midnight on Sunday 30th October and the winning entries will be published in the November edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine.
Competition terms and conditions: Entrants must live within the Five Stokes area. Maximum of six entries per person. The three prize-winning entries will be chosen by Journal editor Stephen Horton, whose decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Collage: Autumn photos from the Journal archives. Clockwise from top left: Trees in the grounds of Bradley Stoke Surgery, Savages Wood viewed from Ormonds Close, a tree in Orpheus Avenue and fallen apples in Webbs Wood.
• View the latest competition entries in this album on our Facebook page: Autumn 2016 in The Stokes
Last 5 posts in General News
- Council’s U-turn means street lights will stay on all night – but not until 2026 for Bradley Stoke! - February 18th, 2017
- Future of town centre plot remains uncertain - February 15th, 2017
- Three Brooks nature group report for January - February 11th, 2017
- Six months of tunnelling work to begin soon in Three Brooks nature reserve - February 10th, 2017
- New opening hours at Bradley Stoke Library - February 7th, 2017
Share this article: