Do you enjoy capturing the changing colours of autumn on your camera or smartphone? Well, this year you have an extra incentive because the Journal has launched its ‘Autumn 2016 in The Stokes’ photo competition, with a first prize of £30.
The prize will be awarded to whoever sends us the shot that best captures the beauty of the season in the local area. There will also be two runners-up prizes of £20 and £10 each,
Photos must be taken during October 2016 in a public place within the Five Stokes area (Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke, Stoke Gifford, Stoke Lodge or Harry Stoke).
To enter, email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, post or message it to the Bradley Stoke Journal Facebook page or post it on Twitter mentioning @TheBSJournal and including the #AutumnPhoto hashtag.
Don’t forget to include your name and say where the picture was taken.
The competition will close at midnight on Sunday 30th October and the winning entries will be published in the November edition of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine.
Competition terms and conditions: Entrants must live within the Five Stokes area. Maximum of six entries per person. The three prize-winning entries will be chosen by Journal editor Stephen Horton, whose decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Collage: Autumn photos from the Journal archives. Clockwise from top left: Trees in the grounds of Bradley Stoke Surgery, Savages Wood viewed from Ormonds Close, a tree in Orpheus Avenue and fallen apples in Webbs Wood.
• View the latest competition entries in this album on our Facebook page: Autumn 2016 in The Stokes
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bradley Stoke Library reopens for browsing - 25th October 2020
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020