Mama Bear’s Day Nursery and Pre-school in Bradley Stoke is hosting its first-ever Christmas market on Saturday 3rd December to raise money for a local organisation that supports one of its young children who has special needs.
The nursery is throwing open its doors to stallholders selling jewellery, Christmas decorations, prints, crafts and ceramics in aid of Thornbury-based charity Jigsaw, which supports families and children with additional needs.
The event, which runs from 11am to 3pm, will also include festive food and hot chocolate, and children’s games and themed activities, not to mention the chance to meet Santa himself in his winter wonderland grotto.
Two-and-a-half-year-old Ollie Gould, who has Down’s syndrome and attends the nursery in Great Park Road (BS32 4RU), is supported by Jigsaw who run weekly support groups, holiday activities and social and special needs events in the area.
Kat Payne, nursery manager, said:
“Jigsaw is very close to our hearts due to their continued support for young Ollie and his family, and other families like his in the area. They do a great job and we want to raise as much money as we can for them.”
Family-run Mama Bear’s Day Nurseries provide care for children from three months to five years at 22 settings across Bristol, Somerset and Devon.
For more information on Mama Bear’s Day Nursery visit www.mamabear.co.uk or call Emma on 0117 9582065.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020