Mama Bear’s Day Nursery and Pre-school in Bradley Stoke is hosting its first-ever Christmas market on Saturday 3rd December to raise money for a local organisation that supports one of its young children who has special needs.
The nursery is throwing open its doors to stallholders selling jewellery, Christmas decorations, prints, crafts and ceramics in aid of Thornbury-based charity Jigsaw, which supports families and children with additional needs.
The event, which runs from 11am to 3pm, will also include festive food and hot chocolate, and children’s games and themed activities, not to mention the chance to meet Santa himself in his winter wonderland grotto.
Two-and-a-half-year-old Ollie Gould, who has Down’s syndrome and attends the nursery in Great Park Road (BS32 4RU), is supported by Jigsaw who run weekly support groups, holiday activities and social and special needs events in the area.
Kat Payne, nursery manager, said:
“Jigsaw is very close to our hearts due to their continued support for young Ollie and his family, and other families like his in the area. They do a great job and we want to raise as much money as we can for them.”
Family-run Mama Bear’s Day Nurseries provide care for children from three months to five years at 22 settings across Bristol, Somerset and Devon.
For more information on Mama Bear’s Day Nursery visit www.mamabear.co.uk or call Emma on 0117 9582065.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Nature reserve tunnelling work due to start soon - April 23rd, 2017
- South Gloucestershire honours unsung heroes - April 14th, 2017
- Birdwatchers’ anger as berry trees felled - April 14th, 2017
- More leaders gain their 'Wood Badge' at 1st Bradley Stoke Scout Group - March 30th, 2017
- Grants available to help set up new community groups in Bradley Stoke - March 22nd, 2017
Share this article: