Brother and sister Callum and Chloe Cockle had a thrilling start to Christmas when they switched on the lights at Willow Brook Centre on Saturday 19th November.
Callum (9) and Chloe (7), from Southmead, won a competition on the Willow Brook Centre’s Facebook page to be chosen to turn on the Christmas lights alongside Santa Claus at a fun day of seasonal activities.
The festivities started at noon when Bradley Stoke Radio began an afternoon of live music from local artists and bands in the town square.
Inside Willow Brook there was lots of great free entertainment for youngsters including a free Christmas craft workshop and walkabouts from a beautiful stilt-walking Christmas Tree Fairy and a roller skating snowman
Children also met Snow Princesses and their happy snowman friend. And young fans joined in a sing-along to songs from Frozen.
This Saturday, 26th November, Santa will open his grotto in the Willow Brook mall at 11am to take present requests. Tickets are £4.50 and include a small gift. The grotto will also be open on Sunday 27th November and then every day from Saturday 3rd December until Christmas Eve.
There will also be a Christmas market this Saturday and Sunday (26th and 27th November) with lots of unique handmade and vintage gifts. The market will be open from 10am to 5pm.
Photo: Callum and Chloe with Santa. [Photo credit: Dave Betts]
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019