A motorcyclist needed medical treatment after a crash in Bradley Stoke last night (Friday 2nd December).
Fire crews from Patchway, Avonmouth and Southmead were called at 9.14pm to reports of a collision between a motorcycle and a car on Brook Way, which resulted in the car catching fire.
A firefighter wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the blaze.
The motorcyclist was handed over to the care of the ambulance service, while fire service crews made the scene safe.
Source: Avon Fire and Rescue Service
Readers commenting on an unrelated story (about an accident at the other end of Brook Way at around 8pm) on the BSJ Facebook page said the above incident had occurred near the Hollow Tree public house.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020