A motorcyclist needed medical treatment after a crash in Bradley Stoke last night (Friday 2nd December).
Fire crews from Patchway, Avonmouth and Southmead were called at 9.14pm to reports of a collision between a motorcycle and a car on Brook Way, which resulted in the car catching fire.
A firefighter wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the blaze.
The motorcyclist was handed over to the care of the ambulance service, while fire service crews made the scene safe.
Source: Avon Fire and Rescue Service
Readers commenting on an unrelated story (about an accident at the other end of Brook Way at around 8pm) on the BSJ Facebook page said the above incident had occurred near the Hollow Tree public house.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020