A motorcyclist needed medical treatment after a crash in Bradley Stoke last night (Friday 2nd December).
Fire crews from Patchway, Avonmouth and Southmead were called at 9.14pm to reports of a collision between a motorcycle and a car on Brook Way, which resulted in the car catching fire.
A firefighter wearing breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the blaze.
The motorcyclist was handed over to the care of the ambulance service, while fire service crews made the scene safe.
Source: Avon Fire and Rescue Service
Readers commenting on an unrelated story (about an accident at the other end of Brook Way at around 8pm) on the BSJ Facebook page said the above incident had occurred near the Hollow Tree public house.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021