Pupils from Bowsland Green Primary School in Bradley Stoke recently entered a ‘Colour a Cheetah’ competition organised by local independent financial advice firm Aspirations, who sponsor the cheetah enclosure at the Wild Place Project near Cribbs Causeway.
Pupils sent in some highly imaginative, fantastically coloured cheetahs. The two winners received family tickets to the Wild Place Project. As a special ‘thank you’ to Bowsland Green for taking part, Aspirations also presented the school with £340 to spend on equipment for all the pupils to enjoy.
Speaking on behalf of Aspirations, Debbie Whitton said:
“We were given the tickets as part of our sponsorship of the Wild Place Project’s cheetahs and it is nice to be able to give something back to the families in our local community. We were especially delighted when Bowsland Green agreed to take part in our competition. My three children attended Bowsland – in fact the two eldest were among the first pupils to set foot in the school on the day it opened, so it is very special to my family too.”
“Congratulations to all the children who took part, especially Maja Lamberska and Ashmas Rizvi who won the family tickets.”
• There are still more tickets to be won. Go to the Aspirations website www.aspirations-ifa.com or our Facebook/Twitter pages, follow the competition instructions, and your family could win family tickets to Wild Place Project too!
Photo: Maja Lamberska (left) and Ashmas Rizvi receive their colouring competition prizes from Debbie Whitton of Aspirations (right), watched by Bowsland Green teacher Mr Young.
Above: Winning entries by Maya (left) and Ashmas.
This article originally appeared in the June 2017 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine (on page 32). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020