Over the last few weeks, South Gloucestershire Council’s traffic signals team have been installing new traffic signals infrastructure to replace the old equipment on the Aztec West Roundabout. It was anticipated that these works would be substantially completed and the new equipment turned on by the first week in July. The new left-turn MetroBus lane between Bradley Stoke Way and the A38 southbound will remain closed whilst commissioning and final snagging works are carried out.
The completion date for the Aztec West Roundabout / A38 Widening Scheme delivered by StreetCare is Autumn 2017. StreetCare will be undertaking the resurfacing of the A38 between M5 J16 and the Aztec West roundabout from Monday 17th July for a period of three weeks. The work is being done overnight between 8pm and 6am to minimise disruption and will involve closing the A38 northbound and southbound. Advance signing and diversions for traffic will be in place.
• More information: www.southglos.gov.uk/A38roundaboutwidening
Latest information from SGC (14th July)
The areas to be resurfaced (and requiring road closures) will be as follows:
- A38 southbound From M5 Junction 16 to Aztec West Roundabout
- A38 northbound From Aztec West Roundabout to M5 Junction 16
- Aztec West roundabout circulatory.
Some or all of the above roads may be closed at any one time.
All traffic exiting Bradley Stoke Way at Aztec West roundabout will be required to turn left (south) down the A38 and follow appropriate diversions.
There will always be access and egress maintained to Park Avenue (Aztec West Business Park).
Latest information from First Bus Bristol (12th July)
Due to resurfacing works Aztec West Roundabout will be closed to services 73, 77, 78 and 79 from 8pm to 6am Monday 17th through to Sunday 23rd July inclusive.
Service 73 will divert from Woodlands Lane via Bradley Stoke Way, Brook Way, Braydon Avenue and Stoke Lane in both directions.
Service 77 will divert Woodlands Lane via Bradley Stoke Way, Brook Way, Braydon Avenue, Stoke Lane, Gloucester Road, Highwood Road, Merlin Road, M5 Junction 17 to Junction 16 at Almondsbury then normal route to Thornbury. (The only journey affected on this diversion should be the 20:05 from Southmead Hospital.)
Service 78 and 79 will divert from Gloucester Road via Highwood Road, Merlin Road, M5 Junction 17 to Junction 16 at Almondsbury then normal route in both directions.
All bus stops on diversion routes will be observed during this closure.
Last 5 posts in Transport
- Trench Lane road closure extended by another month - 22nd October 2020
- Rabbit Roundabout improvements: Completion date slips into October - 21st October 2020
- Legal e-scooter trial expected to start soon - 10th October 2020
- Roadworks in the Stokes: Plenty more to come! - 8th October 2020
- Woodlands Lane roundabout resurfacing set to start on Thursday - 16th September 2020