Local Rainbow leader Catherine Dixon writes:
1st Bradley Stoke Rainbows have had a busy summer term working on their ‘World’ badge finding out about the world around us. We made bug homes, explored the local area and made an edible wormery.
As well as our usual weekly meetings, we have visited Brownsea Island, the birthplace of Scouting and Guiding, and spent the day at RAF Fairford at the Royal International Air Tattoo.
We finished the term with an ‘Ugly Bug’ party to celebrate our achievements.
We have already got lots planned for the autumn term, including our first overnight under canvas, Remembrance Day and our annual visit to the theatre.
Photos: 1 Brownsea Island. 2 RAF Fairford.
Follow us on Twitter: @BSRainbows
Last 5 posts in Youth
- Rainbows keeping busy in challenging times - 9th August 2020
- Henry’s badge challenge benefits the homeless - 5th May 2020
- Bradley Stoke Scouts: A tale of two camps - 15th November 2019
- Spectacular skate park skills and ‘have-a-go’ art sessions return to festival - 10th July 2019
- Scouts brave the rain on September camp - 16th October 2018