Local Rainbow leader Catherine Dixon writes:
1st Bradley Stoke Rainbows have had a busy summer term working on their ‘World’ badge finding out about the world around us. We made bug homes, explored the local area and made an edible wormery.
As well as our usual weekly meetings, we have visited Brownsea Island, the birthplace of Scouting and Guiding, and spent the day at RAF Fairford at the Royal International Air Tattoo.
We finished the term with an ‘Ugly Bug’ party to celebrate our achievements.
We have already got lots planned for the autumn term, including our first overnight under canvas, Remembrance Day and our annual visit to the theatre.
Photos: 1 Brownsea Island. 2 RAF Fairford.
Follow us on Twitter: @BSRainbows
Last 5 posts in Youth
- Henry’s badge challenge benefits the homeless - May 5th, 2020
- Bradley Stoke Scouts: A tale of two camps - November 15th, 2019
- Spectacular skate park skills and ‘have-a-go’ art sessions return to festival - July 10th, 2019
- Scouts brave the rain on September camp - October 16th, 2018
- Bradley Stoke Scouts take part in jamboree camp - July 19th, 2018