Students from a local dance school are looking forward to living out their dreams by performing on a famous West End stage later this month.
A group of 40 performers from the Sharon Phillips School of Dancing, several of whom live in Bradley Stoke, will be treading the boards of Her Majesty’s Theatre on Sunday 8th October when they take part in a Young Performers Show.
The girls, aged 10 to 18, have been rehearsing since April in preparation for the big event, where they will perform two ballet dances and one modern dance.
The costumes the girls will wear have been specially imported from America.
Dance school owner Sharon Phillips said:
“We wish the girls the best of luck with their performance, and memories I’m sure they and their families who will be watching will remember forever.”
Other activities on this term’s programme include participation in a ‘tapathon’ in aid of Children in Need and the hosting of five exam sessions.
The school runs classes at St Chad’s Church Hall in Patchway on Saturdays from 9.15am to 2.30pm. Further classes are held throughout the week, and on Saturdays, in Alveston.
This article originally appeared in the October 2017 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine (on page 22). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Leisure
- Deciding on a New Year’s resolution? Why not join our choir – Stokes Singers? - January 8th, 2020
- Twenty years of the Young at Heart Club - September 18th, 2019
- Win a year’s free gym membership at Anytime Fitness in Bradley Stoke - May 18th, 2019
- Art group gives 'God of the Three Brooks' a face - March 30th, 2019
- Fireworks raise £2,810 for mayor’s charities - December 8th, 2018