Do you enjoy capturing the changing colours of autumn on your camera or smartphone? Well, this year you have an extra incentive because the Journal is once again running an ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition, with a first prize of £30.
The prize will be awarded to whoever sends us the shot that best captures the beauty of the season in the local area. There will also be two runners-up prizes of £20 and £10 each,
Photos must be taken during October 2017 in a public place within the Five Stokes area (Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke, Stoke Gifford, Stoke Lodge or Harry Stoke).
To enter, email your photo to email@example.com, message it to the Bradley Stoke Journal Facebook page or post it on Twitter mentioning @TheBSJournal and including the #AutumnPhoto hashtag.
Don’t forget to include your name and say where the picture was taken.
The competition will close at midnight on Sunday 29th October 2017 and the winning entries will be published in the November issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine.
Competition terms and conditions: Entrants must live within the Five Stokes area. Maximum of six entries per person. The three prize-winning entries will be chosen by Journal editor Stephen Horton, whose decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
• View the latest entries in this year’s competition: Facebook
Collage (click to enlarge): Entries from the 2016 ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition. Clockwise from top left: Brook Way near Elm Close, Little Stoke (Ashish Budhia); Baileys Court Road, Bradley Stoke (Andy Burrows); Savages Wood, Bradley Stoke (Jennifer Ladley); Braydon Avenue, Little Stoke (Jenny Church).
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020