Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre has recently begun hosting a weekly fun session of a new racquet sport called ‘pickleball’. The game combines elements of tennis, badminton and table tennis and is said to be a great way to get fit, have fun and make new friends.
Players use solid paddles made of wood or composite materials to hit a perforated polymer ball over a net.
Pam Ruston of Bristol Pickleball Club, which is organising the local sessions, said:
“The game is easy to learn and equipment is provided. It is suitable for all age groups and we are hoping that particularly older people who are reasonably fit but keen to make new friends and have some fun will come and try it.”
The Bradley Stoke session takes place from 10am to 12pm every Monday morning. Each two-hour sessions cost £7 but your first session is FREE! Further details about the sessions can be found on the Bristol Pickleball Club page on Facebook or by calling 07901 752693.
More information about the game of pickleball is available at www.pickleball.org.uk
This article originally appeared in the November 2017 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine (on page 33). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in Sport
- The virtual road to the London Marathon 2020 - 2nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke pair clinch trophy in delayed championship final - 17th November 2020
- Girls, come and play football with BSYFC! - 10th November 2020
- Young footballers back in training at new base - 1st October 2020
- Every step matters for the Sole Sisters runners - 30th September 2020