South Gloucestershire Council’s new Local Plan Consultation Document considers how it can deliver the new homes and jobs that are needed, along with the infrastructure, services and facilities to support sustainable growth in our area up to 2036.
It is holding drop-in sessions, where you will be able to talk to officers, learn more and comment on the local plan. The two closest sessions to our area are:
- Friday 9th March, 6pm to 8pm, at Coniston Community Centre, Patchway BS34 5LP
- Thursday 15th March, 4.30pm to 6.45pm, at the St Michael’s Centre, Stoke Gifford BS34 8PD
Full details of the consultation can be viewed at www.southglos.gov.uk/newlocalplanfeb2018, in the One Stop Shops and in libraries.
A council spokesperson said: “We particularly want to hear your views about Cribbs Causeway, Patchway, the former Filton Airfield, Harry Stoke and Stoke Gifford, and how we can:
- Create new high quality, mixed use urban environments, to provide more homes and employment opportunities
- Establish stronger neighbourhoods and district centres
- Enhance walking, cycling and public transport provisions
- Build on the existing economic strengths.
Watch our short video that explains the new South Gloucestershire Local Plan: https://vimeo.com/256044518”
Image: Extract from Part 2 of the plan – “Urban Localities – Opportunities and Challenges”
Last 5 posts in Planning
- South Glos Tories push forward with plan to ban takeaways near schools - 3rd October 2020
- McDonald's presses on with third planning application for advertising signage - 22nd April 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - 26th February 2020
- Permission granted for McDonald's and Starbucks drive-throughs at Willow Brook - 16th January 2020
- Might golf course homes scheme now resurface? - 30th October 2019