As previously reported, there were 17 bikes stolen in the final four months of 2017. Only one theft was recorded in January, but the first twenty days of February saw another five bikes taken, four of these from the confirmed hotspot of Bradley Stoke Leisure Centre (BSLC).
- On 1st February, a black X Rated mountain bike belonging to an 11-year-old boy was stolen from BSLC between 8.30am and 5pm
- On 6th February, a man’s blue and silver-coloured Saracen Element 1 mountain bike was stolen from Marjoram Place after being left unattended for just a few moments at about 10.40pm
- On 7th February, between 2pm and 3.15pm, a man’s silver-coloured Carrera mountain bike was stolen from BSLC after thieves cut the lock
- On 12th February at about 7.30pm a man’s black Giant TCR Advance 3 racing bike was taken from BSLC after thieves cut the lock
- On 14th February, just before 8am, a man’s black and white Chris Boardman racing bike was stolen from BSLC
Information provided by Avon & Somerset Police on 20th February 2018.
Graphic: Bicycle thefts in Bradley Stoke, February 2017 to January 2018 (latest available Home Office figures).
This article originally appeared in the March 2018 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal news magazine (on page 10). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH, to 9,500 homes in Bradley Stoke, Little Stoke and Stoke Lodge. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020