A popular car boot sale that takes place near Bradley Stoke is due to re-open for the 2019 season later this month.
The weekly Trench Lane Boot Sale, held on Sundays on a farmland site opposite the entrance to Woodlands Golf Club [BS32 4JZ, map], will open for the first time this year on 14th April, subject to ground conditions.
As in previous years, the sale will open to buyers at 7am. Trading goes on until around 3pm, although the number of buyers usually drops off after midday. Sellers are charged £7 for a car or £10 for a van.
For buyers, there is an entrance charge of £1 for a car or 50p for a pedestrian. Free parking is provided in adjacent fields.
The organisers ask sellers to arrive no earlier than 6am (when the site opens), to avoid traffic queues forming on Trench Lane.
The final sale in 2019 will take place on Sunday 27th October.
Related link: Markets in and around Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
A version of this article originally appeared in the April 2019 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 35). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH (except August), to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
UPDATE (4th April 2019)
We originally reported that the first sale would take place on Sunday 7th April 2019. The organisers have since informed us that it has now been put back to Sunday 14th April 2019, due to ground conditions at the site. For the latest news, visit the Markets page on this website.
Looking for information about the Trench Lane Car Boot Sale in 2020? Check out our Markets page.
Last 5 posts in General News
- The Brightwell: A new beginning - July 10th, 2020
- Coronavirus: Volunteering to ensure the most vulnerable in our community are supported - July 10th, 2020
- Change of hands for Bright Sparks pre-schools - July 8th, 2020
- Prints of local student's 'hero' word art drawing now available to order - June 20th, 2020
- Petition launched after Holy Trinity serves notice on private after-school club - June 17th, 2020