A town council noticeboard has finally been installed in Bradley Stoke’s ‘new town centre’, more than ten years after the facility first opened its doors to the public in October 2008.
The hub of the town, and the location with by far the highest footfall, would seem the obvious place to display public notices and other communications, but for some reason the council and the centre management could never come to a suitable arrangement – until now.
With the town’s previous five public noticeboards nearing the end of their life, council members agreed to follow a recommendation of their annual strategic planning meeting and purchase five replacement noticeboards plus additional ones for new sites at the skate park and the Willow Brook Centre.
This article originally appeared in the April 2019 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 35). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH (except August), to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020