The annual FREE summer play scheme for children aged 5 to 11 gets under way at the Elm Room, Baileys Court Activity Centre on Monday 29th July.
Running Monday through Friday until 23rd August, the play scheme is run by the Four Towns Play Association, which receives financial assistance from Bradley Stoke Town Council.
The aim of the play scheme is to ensure children have fun over the school summer holiday and also to provide a break for parents. It is designed to support children in the local area to play and learn, in the presence of others, in a safe and child-friendly environment.
Children attending the sessions take part in arts and crafts, sport and team games. There are also visits from sports coaches, dance teachers and library staff.
Sessions run from 10.30am to 12.30pm, closing for lunch and are back in operation from 1.30pm to 3.30pm. It is essential children are collected during the lunch period as the play scheme is not covered by insurance during that period.
There is no need to book, just turn up and complete a registration form [or download one beforehand]. The scheme runs on a first-come, first-served basis, so please arrive promptly to avoid disappointment.
Similar sessions are being held at venues in Patchway, Filton and Stoke Gifford.
More information can be found on the Four Towns Play Association page on Facebook or by phoning Barbara on 01454 868571.
See also: Four Towns Summer Play Scheme (SBCP)
This article originally appeared in the July/August 2019 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 14). The magazine is delivered FREE, EVERY MONTH (except August), to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Coronavirus: Volunteering to ensure the most vulnerable in our community are supported - July 10th, 2020
- Change of hands for Bright Sparks pre-schools - July 8th, 2020
- Prints of local student's 'hero' word art drawing now available to order - June 20th, 2020
- Petition launched after Holy Trinity serves notice on private after-school club - June 17th, 2020
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020