By Sara Messenger of the Bradley Stoke in Bloom group.
Earlier this year we were visited by the Royal Horticultural Society’s (RHS’s) judge Guy Rawlinson and his wife. We were delighted to be able to show them around the town and all our little patches, although not quite as delighted as we were to recently receive the following email:
“I have the certificate which was presented at the award ceremony yesterday for your entry in the It’s Your Neighbourhood competition. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with the result.”
And indeed we weren’t, as we were awarded a Level 5 – Outstanding award. Small clue: There isn’t a level 6!
We were also able to deliver to local company Bodywise (UK), based in Eagles Wood, off Woodlands Lane, a Gold award certificate for their entry in the Business, Leisure & Tourism class. So the town of Bradley Stoke can now boast that it is a double Gold winner!
• Map of Bradley Stoke in Bloom’s work locations (under construction)
How to contact Bradley Stoke in Bloom:
Photos – Top: Sara Messenger (left) of Bradley Stoke in Bloom is presented with an It’s your Neighbourhood ‘Gold’ award certificate by Martyn Davis of South West in Bloom. Above: RHS judge Guy Rawlinson (centre) on Manor Farm Roundabout in September 2019.
This article originally appeared in the January 2020 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 25). The magazine is delivered FREE, nine times a year, to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021