By Sara Messenger of the Bradley Stoke in Bloom group.
Earlier this year we were visited by the Royal Horticultural Society’s (RHS’s) judge Guy Rawlinson and his wife. We were delighted to be able to show them around the town and all our little patches, although not quite as delighted as we were to recently receive the following email:
“I have the certificate which was presented at the award ceremony yesterday for your entry in the It’s Your Neighbourhood competition. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with the result.”
And indeed we weren’t, as we were awarded a Level 5 – Outstanding award. Small clue: There isn’t a level 6!
We were also able to deliver to local company Bodywise (UK), based in Eagles Wood, off Woodlands Lane, a Gold award certificate for their entry in the Business, Leisure & Tourism class. So the town of Bradley Stoke can now boast that it is a double Gold winner!
• Map of Bradley Stoke in Bloom’s work locations (under construction)
How to contact Bradley Stoke in Bloom:
Photos – Top: Sara Messenger (left) of Bradley Stoke in Bloom is presented with an It’s your Neighbourhood ‘Gold’ award certificate by Martyn Davis of South West in Bloom. Above: RHS judge Guy Rawlinson (centre) on Manor Farm Roundabout in September 2019.
This article originally appeared in the January 2020 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 25). The magazine is delivered FREE, nine times a year, to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020