With heritage venues now permitted to open again, Winterbourne Medieval Barn has a selection of community activities coming up in May and June to suit a wide range of ages and interests.
The Barn is less than a mile from the borders of Bradley Stoke and Stoke Gifford. To find it, just head east along the Winterbourne Road and take the first left (Church Lane) after passing under the motorway.
Why not bring the whole family to take part in the City Nature Challenge Trail on Saturday 1st May? Help the Bristol and Bath area defend its title as the best region in Europe for people and nature by joining us in an epic contest: to discover and record as much wildlife as possible.
Follow the trail around Monks Pool Nature Reserve and back to the Barn, recording nature sightings as you go. We’ll be set up in the Barn grounds for you to collect a trail map, and we can show you how to use the iNaturalist smartphone app (which is how we record the nature sightings).
Our outdoor café will also be open for hot drinks, juice, and sweet treats! Our toilet facilities will also be available.
This is a free event! No need to book, just turn up between 10am and 2pm to pick up a trail map.
Save time by downloading the free iNaturalist app in advance (search for it in your app store).
- What’s On at Winterbourne Medieval Barn
- Facebook event page for the City Nature Challenge Trail
- Directions to Winterbourne Medieval Barn, BS36 1SE (Google Maps)
This article originally appeared in the May 2021 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine (on page 22). The magazine is delivered FREE, nine times a year, to ALL 8,700 homes in Bradley Stoke. Phone 01454 300 400 to enquire about advertising or leaflet insertion.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Lake desilting work set to start in November - 23rd October 2021
- Tesco criticised for poor publicity over temporary closure of Baileys Court store - 22nd October 2021
- Latest news from our local Lions Clubs - 14th October 2021
- Bradley Stoke WI back meeting ‘face-to-face’ - 12th October 2021
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2021 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 1st October 2021