Win tickets to see The Addams Family at Bristol Hippodrome
Musical comedy The Addams Family is coming to the Bristol Hippodrome from 19th to 23rd September and the Journal has two pairs of tickets to give away for the evening performance on Tuesday 19th September at 7:30pm!
Samantha Womack, Les Dennis and Carrie Hope Fletcher will star as Morticia, Fester and Wednesday Addams in the UK stage premiere of this spooky spectacular.
Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up and has a shocking secret that only Gomez knows; she’s fallen in love with a sweet, smart young man from a respectable family! Now, Gomez Addams must do something he’s never done before — keep a secret from his beloved wife, Morticia. Everything will change for the whole family on the fateful night they host a dinner for Wednesday’s “normal” boyfriend and his parents. All the usual clan are present – Uncle Fester, Lurch, Pugsley et al.
Samantha Womack will take on the role of Morticia Addams fresh from leaving BBC1’s EastEnders after nearly a decade as Ronnie Mitchell. Samantha has also played Tanya Dawson for three series of the hit comedy Mount Pleasant (Sky1) and, on film she will be reprising her role next summer as Michelle Unwin in Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
Les Dennis spent the last three years playing burglar-turned-Romeo, Michael Rodwell, in ITV’s Coronation Street. Immediately prior to starring in The Addams Family, he will appear at the Menier Chocolate Factory in the musical She Loves Me. Les’s other stage credits include the musicals Me & My Girl, Chicago, Monty Python’s Spamalot and Hairspray.
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to see The Addams Family simply answer this question: What is the name of Gomez Addam’s wife?
Entries may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
Bristol Hippodrome Competition
Bradley Stoke Journal
83 Snowberry Close
Please include your name and phone number when submitting your entry.
Entrants must be 18 or over and live in the BS32 or BS34 postcode areas. The closing date is 11th September.
• To book tickets for shows at the Bristol Hippodrome, visit www.atgtickets.com/venues/bristol-hippodrome/
*** ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED ***
Congratulations to our two winners, who have been notified:
- Naomi Parr
- Charlotte Somers
- One pair of tickets for the performance at 7.30pm on Tuesday 19th September will be awarded to each of two winners, randomly selected from the set of entries which correctly answer the competition question.
- The winners must pick up their tickets from the Bristol Hippodrome on the night of the performance.
- The tickets cannot be used at any other performance.
- There is no cash alternative to each prize of a pair of tickets.
- The competition closes at midnight (BST) on Monday 11th September 2017.
- Entries can only be made by email or by post (as described above).
- Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
- One entry per person.
- Automated entries will be discarded.
- Entry is limited to residents of the BS32 and BS34 postcode areas. Proof of home address (e.g. driving licence or utility bill) to be presented on request.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
- Employees of the Bristol Hippodrome and the Bradley Stoke Journal and their immediate families are not permitted to take part.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The two winners will be notified by telephone on Tuesday 12th September 2017.
- If a winner does not respond within 24 hours or states that they will be unable to use the tickets, they will automatically forfeit their prize and a replacement winner will be selected.
- The winners’ names will be published on the Bradley Stoke Journal website and in the October 2017 issue of the Bradley Stoke Journal magazine.