Bristol Post – Bradley Stoke News
- Dangerous drivers, child abusers and cash machine raiders - those jailed at Bristol Crown Court
Saturday, 11 March 2017, 12:00 am
A gang who blew up cash machines in Bristol, robbers and child abusers are the latest to be put behind bars after their cases were heard at Bristol Crown Court.
- Filton Tory Jack Lopresti opposes Budget tax hike for self-employed
Friday, 10 March 2017, 12:00 am
Bristol MP Jack Lopresti has come out against his Government's Budget, declaring he cannot support the "punitive" tax hike on self-employed workers.
- £7.1 million congestion-busting improvements to the M5 around Bristol
Friday, 10 March 2017, 12:00 am
Millions of pounds is to be spent on the M5 around Bristol to ease two congestion hotspots.
- Shoppers discover only TWO crisps in Aldi's version of Monster Munch - and they are fuming
Thursday, 9 March 2017, 12:00 am
Disgruntled shoppers have blasted bargain supermarket Aldi after discovering only TWO crisps in a packet its own brand version of Monster Munch.
- Stoke Gifford residents say £2 million is being wasted on a Metrobus extension 'no-one will use'
Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 12:00 am
'Why is the council spending £2 million on a bus route no one wants or will use?'
BBC Radio Bristol News
- Chris Booy: Bristol will 'walk promotion' if relegated from Premiership, says chairman
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 1:16 pm
Premiership strugglers Bristol will "walk promotion" next year if they are relegated this term, the club chairman says.
- Coventry City v Bristol Rovers
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 12:18 pm
Live coverage of Saturday's League One game between Coventry City and Bristol Rovers.
- What would you ask about West traffic?
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 10:08 am
A mayor election is happening in May but what would you ask the candidates about transport in the West?
- Charity Triumph Over Phobia to launch Cardiff group
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 7:41 am
A charity is hoping to help sufferers in south Wales by launching the first self-help group of its kind in the area.
- Premiership: Bristol 14-32 Gloucester
Friday, 24 March 2017, 10:16 pm
Gloucester earn a bonus-point win at Bristol to keep the Premiership's bottom club seven points adrift of Worcester.
- BBL: Plymouth Raiders easily beat Bristol Flyers - five best shots
Friday, 24 March 2017, 9:38 pm
Watch five of the best shots as Plymouth Raiders comfortably beat Bristol Flyers 85-62 in the British Basketball League.
- Premiership: Saracens v Bath
Friday, 24 March 2017, 12:55 pm
Team news as Saracens host Bath in Sunday's Premiership fixture at Allianz Park (15:00 BST).
- Cheryl Grimmer murder: Man appears in Australia court
Friday, 24 March 2017, 11:06 am
Toddler Cheryl Grimmer, originally from Bristol, disappeared from a beach in Australia 47 years ago.
- Bloodhound supersonic car record bid slips again
Friday, 24 March 2017, 10:04 am
The British-led effort to break the World Land Speed Record is delayed by cash-flow problems to 2018.
- Discovery enables 'mass produced blood'
Friday, 24 March 2017, 2:13 am
Lab-made blood could solve the shortage of some blood types.
Bristol Post News
- Help-to-buy opens doors for buyers at Taylor Wimpey's Harbour Edge development in Portishead
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 2:11 pm
The Alton, a three bedroom property priced at £395,000, is available under the scheme
- Traffic halted as hundreds march in protest to McDonald's plans
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 1:17 pm
They came with guitars, drums and a five metre banner emblazoned with the words ‘No McDonald's in Fishponds’
- Four people including two children taken to hospital after car sped off from police in Weston
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 1:07 pm
The car collided with other vehicles, before hitting a lamppost
- Is Filton in Bristol or South Gloucestershire? The results!
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 1:00 pm
Readers have made it quite clear where they believe the town belongs
- Bristol brought to life in new video game that raises money for city charities
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 12:00 pm
Park Street, Clifton Down and Brandon Hill have all been re-created in the game
- Air ambulance called after serious crash closes busy road in both directions
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 11:57 am
Police and emergency services remain on the scene
- Why not locking your suitcase when you travel could now cost you thousands
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 10:43 am
New laws coming in to force today see a loophole which could leave you out of pocket
- Your chance to own this four-bedroom home built in honour of a Bristol Hero
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 10:00 am
Memorial Cottage, which was built for the widow and children of heroic John Chiddy, is on the market
- Passengers diverted to Bristol after ‘person hit by train’
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 9:43 am
Trains were suspended after a person was struck near Exeter
- Bristol father discharged from A&E by private scheme could have been saved, coroner concludes
Saturday, 25 March 2017, 9:12 am
David Birtwistle died six days into the pilot project designed to reduce patients visiting A&E
South Glos Post
- Anger at lack of consultation on West of England devolution deal
Tuesday, 14 June 2016, 12:27 pm
The ruling Conservative group on South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has come under fire from opposition parties for planning to make a critical decision on whether or not to accept the Government’s. […]
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn wins Heritage Lottery Fund support
Tuesday, 10 May 2016, 12:38 pm
South Gloucestershire Council, in partnership with Winterbourne Medieval Barn Trust, has received initial support from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) to help restore Winterbourne Medieval Barn. Devel. […]
- Green bin charge set to be reduced from April
Tuesday, 22 December 2015, 9:27 pm
The omission of the garden waste collection service from a strategic review of South Gloucestershire Council’s waste services (see ‘Council consults on plan to almost halve size of black bin‘) h. […]
- Bus lane enforcement cameras go live in Patchway and Stoke Gifford
Monday, 21 September 2015, 11:24 am
Two fixed bus lane enforcement cameras in South Gloucestershire are now in operation. The bus lane enforcement cameras are located at Highwood Road in Patchway and at New Road/Brierly Furlong in Stok. […]
- Changes to Sort It recycling centres in South Glos
Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 10:09 am
South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has announced changes to its Sort It recycling and waste disposal centres to help improve their efficiency and to deter non-residents and commercial users from us. […]
Google News – Bradley Stoke
- Bradley Stoke Journal | 2017 West of England Mayoral Election - The Bradley Stoke Journal
Friday, 24 March 2017, 8:32 pm
The Bradley Stoke JournalBradley Stoke Journal | 2017 West of England Mayoral ElectionThe Bradley Stoke JournalOn Thursday 4th May 2017, there will be an election to decide who will be the West of Eng. […]
- Specsavers staff pedal and bake for Comic Relief - The Bradley Stoke Journal
Thursday, 23 March 2017, 3:16 pm
The Bradley Stoke JournalSpecsavers staff pedal and bake for Comic ReliefThe Bradley Stoke JournalSporty staff from a Bradley Stoke opticians worked hard to raise money for Comic Relief, by taking par. […]
- Grants available to help set up new community groups in Bradley Stoke - The Bradley Stoke Journal
Wednesday, 22 March 2017, 9:48 pm
The Bradley Stoke JournalGrants available to help set up new community groups in Bradley StokeThe Bradley Stoke JournalDo you have some great ideas about a new group you'd like to set up in your local. […]
- Aardman Live at Bowsland Green Primary - The Bradley Stoke Journal
Sunday, 19 March 2017, 9:31 pm
The Bradley Stoke JournalAardman Live at Bowsland Green PrimaryThe Bradley Stoke JournalPupils at Bowsland Green Primary School in Bradley Stoke were the first in the world to trial a new computer gam. […]
- Trust warns of looming funding crisis at BSCS - The Bradley Stoke Journal
Saturday, 18 March 2017, 12:03 am
The Bradley Stoke JournalTrust warns of looming funding crisis at BSCSThe Bradley Stoke JournalParents of students attending Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) have been warned of a looming financi. […]
The Bradley Stoke Journal on Twitter
- Hitachi to create 150 jobs at new train depot in Stoke Gifford
Monday, 20 March 2017, 9:50 pm
Japanese firm Hitachi is creating 150 jobs at its newly built train service depot in Stoke Gifford. The £80m facility, near Bristol Parkway Station, will maintain the new Intercity Express (ICE) trai. […]
- Drop-in event to reveal latest plans for railway work around Parkway Station
Monday, 13 March 2017, 6:42 pm
Local residents have been invited to attend a second drop-in event to find out more about upcoming work in and around Parkway Station, as part of the project to electrify the Great Western Mainline. […]
- SGC rejects councillors’ appeal to reconsider Hatchet Road bus lane plan
Monday, 6 March 2017, 5:15 pm
South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has reaffirmed its intention to construct a controversial £2 million bus lane down one side of Hatchet Road, despite appeals from local councillors to put the proj. […]
- Survey work this week on Hatchet Road as SGC continues to progress bus lane scheme
Monday, 20 February 2017, 6:24 pm
Two road surveys being carried out this week will provide visual confirmation that South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) remains determined to proceed with its plan to construct a new bus lane along Ha. […]
- Plans go in for fourth platform at Bristol Parkway
Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 9:47 pm
Network Rail has submitted a planning application for proposed works at Bristol Parkway Station that include adding a fourth platform (to be designated ‘platform 1’) and extending the length of th. […]
The Bradley Stoke Journal on Facebook