Bristol Post – Bradley Stoke News
- Dangerous drivers, child abusers and cash machine raiders - those jailed at Bristol Crown Court
Saturday, 11 March 2017, 12:00 am
A gang who blew up cash machines in Bristol, robbers and child abusers are the latest to be put behind bars after their cases were heard at Bristol Crown Court.
- Filton Tory Jack Lopresti opposes Budget tax hike for self-employed
Friday, 10 March 2017, 12:00 am
Bristol MP Jack Lopresti has come out against his Government's Budget, declaring he cannot support the "punitive" tax hike on self-employed workers.
- £7.1 million congestion-busting improvements to the M5 around Bristol
Friday, 10 March 2017, 12:00 am
Millions of pounds is to be spent on the M5 around Bristol to ease two congestion hotspots.
- Shoppers discover only TWO crisps in Aldi's version of Monster Munch - and they are fuming
Thursday, 9 March 2017, 12:00 am
Disgruntled shoppers have blasted bargain supermarket Aldi after discovering only TWO crisps in a packet its own brand version of Monster Munch.
- Stoke Gifford residents say £2 million is being wasted on a Metrobus extension 'no-one will use'
Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 12:00 am
'Why is the council spending £2 million on a bus route no one wants or will use?'
BBC Radio Bristol News
- Tory MP Jack Lopresti blames 'smear campaign' for deselection call
Friday, 28 April 2017, 7:32 pm
Meeting backs MP Jack Lopresti following criticism from some party members.
- One-Day Cup: Roelof van der Merwe seals Somerset win over Surrey
Friday, 28 April 2017, 5:24 pm
Somerset's Roelof van der Merwe hits an unbeaten 165 as they beat Surrey by four wickets in the One-Day Cup at Taunton.
- Dirty Bristol student home wins award
Friday, 28 April 2017, 4:14 pm
A student in Bristol wins a national competition for the dirtiest student house.
- 6,000 drivers caught speeding on M32 in 15 days
Friday, 28 April 2017, 3:41 pm
Police describe figures as 'shocking' after cameras were installed at three-year roadworks.
- Brighton & Hove Albion v Bristol City
Friday, 28 April 2017, 3:22 pm
Preview followed by live coverage of Saturday's Championship game between Brighton & Hove Albion and Bristol City.
- NFL Draft 2017: Alex Jenkins' journey from a supermarket job to draft contender
Friday, 28 April 2017, 1:19 pm
BBC Points West meet Bath's former supermarket worker turned college star Alex Jenkins as he awaits the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Premiership: Saracens v Bristol
Friday, 28 April 2017, 12:23 pm
Team news as Saracens host Bristol in Saturday's Premiership fixture at Allianz Park (15:00 BST).
- Premiership: Bath v Gloucester
Friday, 28 April 2017, 12:01 pm
Team news as Bath host Gloucester in Sunday's Premiership fixture at the Recreation Ground (15:00 BST).
- Premiership: Promotion and relegation between top tiers to continue in English rugby
Friday, 28 April 2017, 11:50 am
Promotion and relegation between the top tiers will continue in English rugby, says the head of Premiership Rugby.
- Bristol Rovers: Five offered new deals but eight to leave, including Christian Montano
Friday, 28 April 2017, 10:48 am
Bristol Rovers offer five players new deals, including Ellis Harrison, but will let eight go, including Cristian Montano.
Bristol Post News
- Bristol man who went to Syria to fight against ISIS is charged with a terrorism offence
Saturday, 29 April 2017, 6:10 am
Josh Walker, who saw friends killed by the fanatic group, must go to court next month
- Bank holiday weekend weather - Saturday to be the best day in Bristol before heavy showers move in
Saturday, 29 April 2017, 5:00 am
Sunday is going to be the wettest day, according to forecasters
- First major demo of the general election campaign to take place in city centre on Saturday
Friday, 28 April 2017, 8:27 pm
The demo's theme will be 'Tories Out'
- Watch men hide two handguns in a bin in St Paul’s as they try to sell them to 'serious criminals' in London
Friday, 28 April 2017, 8:07 pm
Police watched as plotters stashed weapons, which were believed to have been owned by a man in prison who wanted to sell them on
- The shocking aftermath of explosion in Redland which put a man in hospital after leaking gas for BBQ turned his van into a bomb
Friday, 28 April 2017, 6:30 pm
Matt Hinder suffered multiple injuries and the Ford Transit was a complete write-off
- Filton and Bradley Stoke MP Jack Lopresti contacts police over ‘racist smear campaign’ to oust him
Friday, 28 April 2017, 5:55 pm
Tory is reselected as party says it will take legal action against sender of anonymous letter
- Man rushed to hospital after 'head-on' smash in Ashton Vale
Friday, 28 April 2017, 4:58 pm
He was taken to hospital with head injuries after a collision in South Liberty Lane
- Famous Bristol landmark and popular wedding venue is facing an uncertain future
Friday, 28 April 2017, 4:00 pm
You could be out of luck if you were planning your wedding at Ashton Court
- Joe Calzaghe leads support for Bristol boxer Dean Francis ahead of huge fundraising event
Friday, 28 April 2017, 3:30 pm
Five world champions are coming to support Dean Francis after his cancer diagnosis
- Gun, Class A drugs and cash seized after four suspected drug dealers arrested in Bristol
Friday, 28 April 2017, 2:58 pm
The arrests were part of an ongoing police operation
South Glos Post
- Anger at lack of consultation on West of England devolution deal
Tuesday, 14 June 2016, 12:27 pm
The ruling Conservative group on South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has come under fire from opposition parties for planning to make a critical decision on whether or not to accept the Government’s. […]
- Winterbourne Medieval Barn wins Heritage Lottery Fund support
Tuesday, 10 May 2016, 12:38 pm
South Gloucestershire Council, in partnership with Winterbourne Medieval Barn Trust, has received initial support from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) to help restore Winterbourne Medieval Barn. Devel. […]
- Green bin charge set to be reduced from April
Tuesday, 22 December 2015, 9:27 pm
The omission of the garden waste collection service from a strategic review of South Gloucestershire Council’s waste services (see ‘Council consults on plan to almost halve size of black bin‘) h. […]
- Bus lane enforcement cameras go live in Patchway and Stoke Gifford
Monday, 21 September 2015, 11:24 am
Two fixed bus lane enforcement cameras in South Gloucestershire are now in operation. The bus lane enforcement cameras are located at Highwood Road in Patchway and at New Road/Brierly Furlong in Stok. […]
- Changes to Sort It recycling centres in South Glos
Tuesday, 15 September 2015, 10:09 am
South Gloucestershire Council (SGC) has announced changes to its Sort It recycling and waste disposal centres to help improve their efficiency and to deter non-residents and commercial users from us. […]
Google News – Bradley Stoke
- Filton and Bradley Stoke MP Jack Lopresti contacts police over 'racist smear campaign' to oust him - Bristol Post
Friday, 28 April 2017, 6:00 pm
Bristol PostFilton and Bradley Stoke MP Jack Lopresti contacts police over 'racist smear campaign' to oust himBristol PostMP Jack Lopresti has filed a police complaint after enduring an alleged “vic. […]
- Filton and Bradley Stoke MP Jack Lopresti may be deselected ... - Gazette Series
Friday, 28 April 2017, 10:02 am
Gazette SeriesFilton and Bradley Stoke MP Jack Lopresti may be deselected ...Gazette SeriesSOCIAL media sites are abound with rumours that Jack Lopresti MP is facing calls to be deselected ahead of th. […]
- Nature reserve tunnelling work due to start soon - The Bradley Stoke Journal
Sunday, 23 April 2017, 8:40 pm
The Bradley Stoke JournalNature reserve tunnelling work due to start soonThe Bradley Stoke JournalWork to construct a tunnel to carry a new sewer pipe under the M4 motorway is due to begin in Bradley. […]
- Ofsted report sees Wheatfield step up a grade - The Bradley Stoke Journal
Thursday, 20 April 2017, 9:13 pm
The Bradley Stoke JournalOfsted report sees Wheatfield step up a gradeThe Bradley Stoke JournalWheatfield Primary School is celebrating the success of a recent Ofsted inspection which categorises the. […]
- Family bike ride and quiz on Easter Sunday - The Bradley Stoke Journal
Friday, 14 April 2017, 8:02 pm
The Bradley Stoke JournalFamily bike ride and quiz on Easter SundayThe Bradley Stoke JournalIf you are stuck with ideas of what to do with the kids on Easter Sunday then come and join the Stokes Cycli. […]
The Bradley Stoke Journal on Twitter
- Off-peak traffic lights coming to Hatchet Road for MetroBus utilities investigation
Monday, 24 April 2017, 8:29 pm
Residents of the Stokes are being warned of roadworks due to take place on Hatchet Road in late April and May, in connection with the Cribbs Patchway MetroBus Extension (CPME) scheme. An announcement. […]
- Parkway Station railway upgrade work moves to next phase
Saturday, 22 April 2017, 10:24 pm
Network Rail has revealed further details about work it will soon be carrying out in and around Parkway Station, as part of the project to electrify the Great Western Mainline between London and South. […]
- Patchway church’s new stained glass window makes a big impression
Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 10:29 pm
An imposing new stained glass window recently installed at a local church has been attracting admiring comments from worshippers and members of the wider community. The 22sqm window on the front aspec. […]
- Sea Harrier airlifted to new museum site
Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 10:29 pm
An unusual scene unfolded over the former Filton Airfield site on 8th March when a Chinook helicopter was drafted in to move a Sea Harrier ‘jump jet’ to its new home at the Aerospace Bristol museu. […]
- Filton Concorde completes final journey to new £19m home
Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 10:28 pm
The last Concorde ever to fly has safely completed her journey to Aerospace Bristol, a new £19m museum that is due to open this summer at a site on the Patchway side of the former Filton Airfield. Th. […]
The Bradley Stoke Journal on Facebook