The existing Tesco store in Bradley Stoke is coming under increasing pressure from construction activity associated with the new town centre development. Traffic signals on the access road to the store have been causing tailbacks for traffic entering and leaving the store, with one resident reporting a delay of half an hour on leaving the store last week. The traffic signals were removed last weekend (16/17 Feb) but promptly reappeared on Monday.
The traffic problems are in addition to the operational problems caused by the demolition of the existing store’s loading bay and annexation of part of the car park by the construction team. A large marquee has been erected alongside the store as a goods inwards area and the store’s fleet of home shopping delivery vans are now operating from temporary garaging in an arcade at the front of the store.
An advertising van from competitors Asda Wal-Mart has been noticed from time to time cheekily parked on the access road to the store.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019