The Nationwide Building Society agency, operated by 1st Equity, opened its doors on Monday (20th October) in Bradley Stoke’s new Willow Brook Centre. This means that all tenants of the Centre that were initially intending to be trading on the official opening day of Monday 13th October are now open for business.
Elsewhere in the Centre, a press release put out by Tesco describes the new Tesco Extra store’s first week of trading as “phenomenal”, with more than 30,000 shoppers visiting the superstore in the first seven days.
Tesco Extra manager Oliver Hill said:
“People seem to have voted with their feet and we have been bowled over with the response from the local community. Despite the credit crunch, business in the first week has exceeded all our expectations and we are really grateful for the support from Bradley Stoke.”
Shoppers were treated to a Family Fun Day at the weekend featuring stilt walker and juggler Mr Do and top face painter Michelle Evans [more photos].
Other events planned include a Tesco Price Check game show on Saturday 25th October and a Halloween Fun Day on Friday 31st October.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019