New crime maps published by Avon and Somerset Police show Bradley Stoke to be an island of low crime incidence within South Gloucestershire.
The town’s crime figures fall into the ‘below average’ category, meaning that the crime rate is between 12.5% and 37.4% of the national average.
Neighbouring areas Stoke Gifford, Winterbourne and Severnside all fall into the ‘average’ category while Patchway has a ‘high’ rating.
At district level, South Gloucestershire is said to have an ‘average’ crime rate, compared to the ‘high’ rating of Bristol.
The only crime category for which South Gloucestershire receives an above average rating is ‘fraud and forgery’.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Arrests made following reported assault in Kemperleye Way - 28th March 2021
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019