Bradley Stoke Town Council appears to be struggling to find a replacement for Town Clerk David Chandler (pictured left), who is due to retire in January 2010.
The Council began advertising its Town Clerk vacancy in early July, through the website of the Society of Local Council Clerks, and Councillors were told later that month that “interest shown was well into double figures”.
But recently published minutes of the September meeting of Full Council reveal that a suitable candidate is yet to be found.
The meeting, discussing the matter in closed session, was told by Mayor Mark Forsyth that “it had been decided not to appoint from those who had applied”.
The minutes do not disclose how the Council intends to progress the matter although they do reveal that the practice of linking the salaries of the Deputy Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer to that of the Town Clerk is to be ended.
Last 5 posts in Bradley Stoke Town Council
- Light pollution issue leads council to restrict opening hours of new car park - February 4th, 2020
- Work set to start soon on Brook Way car park - October 6th, 2019
- Petty party politics return to town council at AGM - June 25th, 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Tom Aditya - June 16th, 2019
- Meet the new mayor: Councillor Ben Randles - June 17th, 2018