St Mary’s RC Primary School in Bradley Stoke is one of six schools in South Gloucestershire to have been awarded grants totalling nearly £37,000 to encourage safer, greener routes to school.
The money will be used to encourage safer walking to school, introduce road markings to improve safety near school buildings, erect bike storage and teach pupils about sustainable transport in the classroom.
Read more: South Gloucestershire Council
Last 5 posts in Education
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - April 14th, 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - March 13th, 2020
- Primary school children presented with award for local litter pick - February 15th, 2020
- Ofsted confirms Holy Trinity’s ‘good’ rating - January 12th, 2020
- BSCS recognised for student-led health and wellbeing work - December 3rd, 2019