Broadband slowspot Bradley Stoke once again fails to feature in the latest list of BT exchanges scheduled for a fibre optic upgrade.
The south-west has five exchanges in the list: Blunsdon, Chippenham, Portishead, Toothill and Worle.
Many areas of Bradley Stoke have broadband speeds well below the Government’s Universal Service target of 2 Mbps.
A recent campaign to get Virgin Media to extend the coverage of its cable network ended in failure and local Councils say they have “run out of ideas” on how to encourage utility companies to improve the service.
Read more: The Register
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020