A meeting of the Southern Brooks Area Forum this evening (Tuesday 2nd March) will allocate funding of £29,220 to a selection of projects proposed by local voluntary organisations under the Small Grant Scheme.
A total of 27 applications have been received, from organisations which include: Four Towns Play Association (£3,000 for equipment, staff training and publicity), Three Brooks Nature Conservation Group (£391 for bat walk equipment), Holy Trinity Youth Group (£3,000 for equipment) and Willow Brook Townswomen’s Guild (£500 for hall hire).
Area forums, organised by South Gloucestershire Council (SGC), give local people the opportunity to talk about issues and concerns that affect their neighbourhoods. They champion local needs and aspirations and gather the views of residents about specific community issues.
Other items on tonight’s agenda include a presentation on emergency planning and consultation on the South Gloucestershire Compact, a partnership agreement between the statutory sectors and the voluntary and community sector.
The meeting takes place at Patchway Community College, Hempton Lane, Patchway (7pm start).
More info: Agenda (SGC)
Last 5 posts in South Gloucestershire Council
- South Glos council tax to rise by 5.99 percent - 15th March 2018
- Rollout of smaller black bins under way - 7th February 2018
- Residents congratulated for recycling efforts - 18th January 2018
- Introduction of slimline black bins quietly postponed to next year - 4th December 2017
- Weekly recycling starts 19th June, but new sorting rules criticised - 6th June 2017