Supporters of Bradley Stoke impressionist Paul Burling have been drumming up support for the local cabaret artist prior to his appearance in tonight’s final of ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent contest.
The 41-year-old, who says he has being doing impressions since he was at primary school, won the public vote in Wednesday’s semi-final to earn his place in tonight’s line up.
Rated a 7/1 clear second favourite for tonight’s final, behind the strongly fancied Spellbound gymnastic group from Middlesex, Paul wooed audiences in the earlier rounds of the competition with impressions of Harry Hill, Phil Mitchell and Tony Blair.
Posters around town, including at the entrance to the Willow Brook Centre and in the window of Ladbrokes betting shop, urge locals to vote for “Bristol’s Very Own” candidate.
A Paul Burling Facebook page set up to support the comedian had attracted over 3,500 fans by Saturday afternoon.
If successful in tonight’s contest, Paul will walk away with a £100,000 prize and win the right to appear in the 2010 Royal Variety Performance, in the presence of a senior member of the Royal Family.
The Britain’s Got Talent final is broadcast tonight on ITV1 from 7:30pm. The result of the public vote is likely to be announced shortly before 10pm.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021