The embryonic Bradley Stoke Community Radio has published its first material, in the form of a podcast recorded at the recent Community Festival.
Reporters from the organisation, which describes itself as “an exciting new community radio station run entirely by volunteers living in and around the Bradley Stoke area”, were at a number of festival events and even managed to grab an interview with Britain’s Got Talent finalist and local resident Paul Burling (photo above) at the Community Fair.
The station has been promising to publish some of the festival interviews on its new website and the first of these, a short conversation with Mayor Ben Walker, has now appeared on the Podcasts page [QuickTime plugin required].
The interview with Paul Burling is said to be “coming soon”.
Julian Okoye, Vice Chair of the Bradley Stoke Community Radio Association (BSCRA) told The Journal that some of the interviews may also be aired on BCfm (Community Radio for Bristol).
BSCRA held a set of radio workshops at the end of February and is understood to be currently applying for a licence to broadcast on air for a seven-day period in October.
Anyone who would like to get involved, become a sponsor, share ideas or be kept informed of future developments is invited to get in touch with the group through its website.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Local student's 'hero' word art drawing to be raffled for charity - May 11th, 2020
- Lake desilting project: Further details released - May 10th, 2020
- [Letter] What are they doing to our town centre? - March 4th, 2020
- Local mum and son team become published authors - March 3rd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020