An agency branch of Santander Bank is to open soon at Bradley Stoke’s Willow Brook Centre.
The branch will occupy the same shop unit as the former Nationwide Building Society branch, which closed in mysterious circumstances earlier this year.
Hundreds of savers in Bradley Stoke were shocked to hear of the closure and say they never received a satisfactory explanation from Nationwide as to why the branch was closed.
The new Santander agency will be operated by 1st Equity (part of financial services company 1st Group UK of Thornbury), who also ran the Nationwide branch prior to its demise.
The move came to light when posters advertising “vacancies for customer service associates at a new Santander agency opening shortly” appeared in the window of the former Nationwide branch earlier this week, listing a 1st Group UK email address and telephone number.
More details of the Santander vacancies can be found on our New Town Centre Jobs page.
A source at 1st Equity told The Journal they were “unable to make any comment at this time”.
Santander claims to be the third largest bank in the UK, having taken over Abbey National, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley in recent years.
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019