When are Avon and Somerset Constabulary going to realise that the ostrich approach is failing the town? It is reaching the stage where people are now fearing for the safety of their property and their own person if they are brave enough to walk the streets after dark. The published figures are an absolute joke as the meeting last month showed. Maybe a leaflet drop explaining to everyone where and how to report incidents would be useful along with a very visible presence of uniformed constabulary. The licensing of the central pub needs serious review with complaints coming in from residents at all points of the compass surrounding the place and a car park over flowing with what one hopes is all designated drivers (Hmmm). Then the wonderful youth of the area hurling drunken abuse at anyone and everyone with in ear shot. Please can we have some action given we are a sizeable town paying a sizeable proportion of the A&S C wage bill?
Last 5 posts in Police
- Arrests made following reported assault in Kemperleye Way - 28th March 2021
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019