Bradley Stoke Town Council’s Planning Committee has objected to a planning application to extend a house in Ormonds Close.
This application relates to the erection of a two storey side and rear extension and single storey side extension at 55 Ormonds Close.
Committee members voted unanimously to object to the proposal on the following grounds:
- “over-development of the site”
- “not in-keeping with street-scene and surrounding area”
Officials at South Gloucestershire Council have since reviewed the application and recommend that it be approved, saying:
- “not considered to represent an over-development of the site, especially having regard to the characteristics of surrounding development”
- “the development is wholly in keeping with the locality”
The District Council has set a target date of 23rd September for making a decision.
Last 5 posts in Planning
- South Glos Tories push forward with plan to ban takeaways near schools - 3rd October 2020
- McDonald's presses on with third planning application for advertising signage - 22nd April 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - 26th February 2020
- Permission granted for McDonald's and Starbucks drive-throughs at Willow Brook - 16th January 2020
- Might golf course homes scheme now resurface? - 30th October 2019