A Patchway pub has launched a competition to find the ‘best teacher’ in the Bradley Stoke and Patchway area.
Children at local schools are being invited to submit entries before the closing date of Friday 29th October.
The prize will be a Christmas party held at the Travellers Rest on the A38 Gloucester Road (also known as the Hungry Horse) for the winning teacher and their class. The winning teacher will also receive a bottle of “something fizzy” courtesy of the pub.
Children are being asked to write a short letter to ‘Santa Horse’ to explain why their teacher should win and drop the letter into the pub . The teacher with the most votes wins. Full terms and conditions are available on request from the Travellers Rest (tel: 01454 612238).
Pub manager Alun Baker said:
“I aim to make the Travellers Rest the first choice place for Patchway and the Three Stokes families to eat.”
“I have always run family friendly pubs and while other pubs in the area actively discourage families, we actively encourage them . With Hungry Horse, kids are still allowed to be kids with our play area and toy boxes, activity packs and our Super Horse mascot days.”
Related link: Pubs in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021