The Bristol Evening Post reports that firefighters were called to open land near Ellicks Close in Bradley Stoke yesterday afternoon to rescue a boy who had injured his leg at the bottom of a steep slope.
The firefighters are said to have used rescue ropes and ladders to get to the 10-year-old boy, who was stranded on the far side of a stream.
The boy was eventually transferred to hospital with a knee injury.
Read more: Boy hurt in slope fall (Evening Post)
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020