The Bristol Evening Post reports that firefighters were called to open land near Ellicks Close in Bradley Stoke yesterday afternoon to rescue a boy who had injured his leg at the bottom of a steep slope.
The firefighters are said to have used rescue ropes and ladders to get to the 10-year-old boy, who was stranded on the far side of a stream.
The boy was eventually transferred to hospital with a knee injury.
Read more: Boy hurt in slope fall (Evening Post)
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020