Bradley Stoke Community School (BSCS) gets a mention in an article in today’s Guardian that claims school uniforms do not improve learning results.
The article quotes American academic David Brunsma, who has concluded, after eight years of research, that “uniforms do not make our schools better”.
BSCS headteacher Dave Baker is mentioned in connection with the school’s clampdown on ‘Miss Sexy’ trousers that hit the national headlines in October last year.
Read more: School uniform does not improve results – discuss (The Guardian)
Last 5 posts in Education
- “Fantastic” GCSE results for BSCS students - 7th September 2020
- BSCS reports another set of "strong outcomes" in Post-16 results - 13th August 2020
- School’s new play equipment officially opened - 14th April 2020
- Year 6 pupils learn ‘skills for life’ at Bristol safety education centre - 13th March 2020
- Primary school children presented with award for local litter pick - 15th February 2020