A popular car boot sale that takes place near Bradley Stoke is to re-open for the 2011 season at the beginning of May.
The Trench Lane Boot Sale, held on Sundays on a farmland site opposite the entrance to Woodlands Golf Club [map], will open for the first time this year on Sunday 1st May 2011.
Despite concerns about “heavy handed marshalling” at the boot sale being raised by police and Council officers prior to a licensing meeting in February, an administrative blunder by South Gloucestershire Council meant that the sale had already had its licence renewed for 2011 before the meeting took place.
Speaking to The Journal, the organiser of the Trench Lane sale claimed that the issues raised in the Council’s report resulted from malicious complaints made by supporters of a rival boot sale.
He added that the sale’s 2011 licence allows ‘traders’ (as distinct from private individuals) to operate at the venue, a change from previous years.
The site opens to sellers and buyers at 7am and trading goes on until around 3pm. Sellers are charged £7 for a car or £10 for a van. Free parking is provided in adjacent fields.
- Markets in and around Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
- Trading at car boot sales and markets (Trading Standards)
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020