A Bradley Stoke woman has pleaded not guilty to two charges of operating a promotional pyramid scheme contrary to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.
BBC News reports that Tracy Laurence, of Robbins Close, is accused of taking part in schemes known as Key to a Fortune and Give and Take.
The Bristol Evening Post reported in December 2009 that the Bradley Stoke woman is alleged to have made £46,000 from the scams.
Laurence, 57, along with ten other female defendants from Bristol, South Gloucestershire and Somerset, was released on conditional bail by Judge Mark Horton at Bristol Crown Court.
The court heard there will be two trials, with the first likely to take place next year.
Read more: Women deny running illegal pyramid scheme
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021