I had an email from Plusnet (my ISP – I moved when they offered broadband for £6.49) this week advising me that the Almondsbury exchange has now been upgraded to 21CN and they can now offer an “Upto 20Mb” service from this exchange, and that anyone currently on the “upto 8Mb” service will be upgraded for free.
Previously on BT Wholesale the best we could hope for was “upto 8Mb”. They did advise however, that for people who receive less than 4Mb line speed may not see much improvement, but I suppose those closer to Almondsbury may get improved speed. While we are still not getting fibre, at least improvements are being made at the exchange.
Last 5 posts in General News
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020
- Residents and businesses invited to enter mayor’s half-term charity scarecrow trail - 12th September 2020