I had an email from Plusnet (my ISP – I moved when they offered broadband for £6.49) this week advising me that the Almondsbury exchange has now been upgraded to 21CN and they can now offer an “Upto 20Mb” service from this exchange, and that anyone currently on the “upto 8Mb” service will be upgraded for free.
Previously on BT Wholesale the best we could hope for was “upto 8Mb”. They did advise however, that for people who receive less than 4Mb line speed may not see much improvement, but I suppose those closer to Almondsbury may get improved speed. While we are still not getting fibre, at least improvements are being made at the exchange.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020