I had an email from Plusnet (my ISP – I moved when they offered broadband for £6.49) this week advising me that the Almondsbury exchange has now been upgraded to 21CN and they can now offer an “Upto 20Mb” service from this exchange, and that anyone currently on the “upto 8Mb” service will be upgraded for free.
Previously on BT Wholesale the best we could hope for was “upto 8Mb”. They did advise however, that for people who receive less than 4Mb line speed may not see much improvement, but I suppose those closer to Almondsbury may get improved speed. While we are still not getting fibre, at least improvements are being made at the exchange.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021