A “substantial” quantity of lead is reported to have been stolen from the roof of Bradley Stoke’s Wheatfield Primary School over the summer holiday.
The lead was taken on two occasions from the roof of the school, over the weekends of Friday 19th August and the Bank Holiday weekend.
An appeal for information about the incidents appears in the school’s September newsletter:
“If you happened to notice anyone behaving suspiciously over either of those weekends in the area immediately surrounding the school, please could you pass this information to the school office staff.”
Parents and carers living close to the school have been asked to “keep an eye out” for any strangers in the grounds, especially in the evenings and at weekends and inform the police immediately.
Avon and Somerset Police recently mobilised 300 officers in raids on scrap metal dealers in the area, leading to 25 arrests for handling stolen goods, money laundering and theft.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Arrests made following reported assault in Kemperleye Way - 28th March 2021
- Man remanded in custody following Stanley Mead burglary - 15th October 2020
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - 23rd January 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - 15th November 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - 30th July 2019