A “substantial” quantity of lead is reported to have been stolen from the roof of Bradley Stoke’s Wheatfield Primary School over the summer holiday.
The lead was taken on two occasions from the roof of the school, over the weekends of Friday 19th August and the Bank Holiday weekend.
An appeal for information about the incidents appears in the school’s September newsletter:
“If you happened to notice anyone behaving suspiciously over either of those weekends in the area immediately surrounding the school, please could you pass this information to the school office staff.”
Parents and carers living close to the school have been asked to “keep an eye out” for any strangers in the grounds, especially in the evenings and at weekends and inform the police immediately.
Avon and Somerset Police recently mobilised 300 officers in raids on scrap metal dealers in the area, leading to 25 arrests for handling stolen goods, money laundering and theft.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - January 23rd, 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - November 15th, 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - July 30th, 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - July 8th, 2019
- New year starts without a single PCSO in the Stokes - February 12th, 2019