Jobs could be lost at the Bradley Stoke branch of Peacocks after the national retailer confirmed it had entered administration after failing to secure its debts.
A spokesperson for administrators KPMG has told the BBC that there will “inevitably” be redundancies and store closures across the group.
The company’s Chief Executive Richard Kirk said:
“This is a hugely sad development for all of our stakeholders, especially our employees who have shown total commitment to the business over an uncertain and difficult period.”
The Peacocks store at the Willow Brook Centre opened on 3rd June 2010 and it is believed that around 15 people are employed there.
Staff at the store said on Tuesday that they had been instructed not to talk to the media.
Read more: Clothing firm’s staff braced for job losses (BBC)
Related link: Jobs in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook Centre shortlisted for two national awards - May 17th, 2013
- Charity fashion show at the Willow Brook Centre - March 31st, 2013
- Bradley Stoke Panasonic store ceases trading - March 1st, 2013
- Willow Brook road humps are a great success, says manager - November 24th, 2012
- Ice Age characters launch Christmas season at Willow Brook - November 16th, 2012