Jobs could be lost at the Bradley Stoke branch of Peacocks after the national retailer confirmed it had entered administration after failing to secure its debts.
A spokesperson for administrators KPMG has told the BBC that there will “inevitably” be redundancies and store closures across the group.
The company’s Chief Executive Richard Kirk said:
“This is a hugely sad development for all of our stakeholders, especially our employees who have shown total commitment to the business over an uncertain and difficult period.”
The Peacocks store at the Willow Brook Centre opened on 3rd June 2010 and it is believed that around 15 people are employed there.
Staff at the store said on Tuesday that they had been instructed not to talk to the media.
Read more: Clothing firm’s staff braced for job losses (BBC)
Related link: Jobs in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in New Town Centre
- Willow Brook shopping centre prepares for more businesses to reopen - 9th June 2020
- Discount retailer One Below to open store at Willow Brook - 19th September 2019
- Hospice charity shop now open at Willow Brook - 6th September 2019
- Children’s Hospice South West to open new charity shop in Bradley Stoke - 10th August 2019
- Willow Brook backtracks over speed bumps - 2nd August 2019