Police say they were called to three separate road traffic accidents in Bradley Stoke last night (Wednesday 9th), with two of them occurring on the same stretch of road.
The first was just after 6pm, when a car was in collision with a cyclist in Great Meadow Road. Police and ambulance attended but there were not believed to be any serious injuries and the parties exchanged details.
Just after 7pm there was a collision involving two cars on Woodlands Lane. One vehicle was on its side, blocking the road. The road was closed until about 9:30pm for the vehicles and spilled oil to be cleared.
Police and ambulance attended, but there were no serious injuries.
At about 8:10pm there was a second collision on Woodlands Lane, again involving two vehicles and blocking the road. A man was taken to hospital for treatment for chest pains and a woman has been reported for driving without due care and attention.
This stretch of road was also reopened at 9:30pm.
Last night’s incidents on Woodlands Lane occurred just yards from the scene of an accident in May 2012 in which a motorcyclist died. A memorial formed of flowers and a lantern still marks the scene of the tragedy.
Last 5 posts in Police
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - January 23rd, 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - November 15th, 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - July 30th, 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - July 8th, 2019
- New year starts without a single PCSO in the Stokes - February 12th, 2019