A Bradley Stoke pub that closed for refurbishment last September is to re-open under a new name in early March.
The former ‘Bradley Stoke’ pub in Brook Way (near the Aldi supermarket), which was recently sold to Marstons plc, is scheduled to re-open as ‘The Hollow Tree‘ on Monday 4th March.
The pub ceased trading on 27th September 2012 and a planning application for alterations including “a new front entrance lobby, exterior drinking area and beer garden and a new play area” was submitted to South Gloucestershire Council on 15th October 2012 and approved on 14th December 2012.
The new entrance and lobby will be directly off Brook Way, through the existing patio area, while the new beer garden and play area will be constructed to the north of the building, resulting in the loss of a number of car parking spaces. The existing entrance on the south side of the building (from Ferndene) will be converted to a fire exit.
Rumours circulating on Twitter that the pub is being converted to a Weatherspoon’s establishment were flatly denied by a Marston’s spokesperson who told The Journal:
“The Bradley Stoke is due to re-open in early March and we can confirm that it will be a Marston’s pub not a Wetherspoon’s! It will be a two-for-one meal format, providing good-value food and a family-friendly atmosphere.”
Job vacancies at the new pub have recently appeared on the Directgov Job Search website. Positions available include Head Chef, 2nd Chef, Line Chef, Bar and Waiting Staff, Cleaner, Kitchen Porter, Kitchen Assistant. For more details, follow the link in the Featured Jobs section of our Bradley Stoke Jobs page.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020