A Bradley Stoke toddler died as a result of a minor bump to the head sustained in the kitchen of her home, reports the Bristol Post.
Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court heard that 16-month Keira Gumeringer fell and hit her head on a fridge at the property in The Valls.
When the child began gasping and having trouble breathing, paramedics were called and she was taken to Frenchay Hospital.
The court was told that surgeons operated on her, but she passed away the following day, 23rd December 2011.
An expert said Keira had died from a blood clot between the skull and brain.
Recording a verdict of accidental death, the coroner said:
“This was a very tragic result following what appears to be a very minor injury.”
Read more: Parents’ heartbreak as Bristol toddler dies after bump on the head (The Post)
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020