A Bradley Stoke toddler died as a result of a minor bump to the head sustained in the kitchen of her home, reports the Bristol Post.
Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court heard that 16-month Keira Gumeringer fell and hit her head on a fridge at the property in The Valls.
When the child began gasping and having trouble breathing, paramedics were called and she was taken to Frenchay Hospital.
The court was told that surgeons operated on her, but she passed away the following day, 23rd December 2011.
An expert said Keira had died from a blood clot between the skull and brain.
Recording a verdict of accidental death, the coroner said:
“This was a very tragic result following what appears to be a very minor injury.”
Read more: Parents’ heartbreak as Bristol toddler dies after bump on the head (The Post)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Easter family fun in Bradley Stoke - 1st April 2021
- Staging of 2021 Bradley Stoke Community Festival hangs in the balance - 25th March 2021
- The story behind the white paper birds in a tree on Brook Way - 20th March 2021
- Tipper trucks make hundreds of journeys through Bradley Stoke as housing site levelled - 9th February 2021
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021