A Bradley Stoke toddler died as a result of a minor bump to the head sustained in the kitchen of her home, reports the Bristol Post.
Flax Bourton Coroner’s Court heard that 16-month Keira Gumeringer fell and hit her head on a fridge at the property in The Valls.
When the child began gasping and having trouble breathing, paramedics were called and she was taken to Frenchay Hospital.
The court was told that surgeons operated on her, but she passed away the following day, 23rd December 2011.
An expert said Keira had died from a blood clot between the skull and brain.
Recording a verdict of accidental death, the coroner said:
“This was a very tragic result following what appears to be a very minor injury.”
Read more: Parents’ heartbreak as Bristol toddler dies after bump on the head (The Post)
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bradley Stoke Library reopens for browsing - 25th October 2020
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom 2020 Best Front Garden competition: The winners - 14th September 2020