Local police are asking for help after thieves broke into a house off Bowsland Way, Bradley Stoke, and stole cash and jewellery.
It happened during the daytime – between 9.30am and 11am – on Tuesday 23rd April. The thieves forced a door to get into the house and stole jewellery (pictured) including a diamond and gold bracelet, two sets of necklaces with matching earrings, a gold ring, a pendant and chain and another pair of earrings.
Witnesses report seeing a silver car in the area at the time.
Neighbourhood Sergeant Adrian Fallows said:
“We’re very keen to hear from anyone who can remember noticing anything suspicious in the area at the time, or who has been offered these items for sale in doubtful circumstances.”
“Anyone who can help can get in touch by calling 101. Alternatively ring the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111. They never ask your name or trace your call.”
Sergeant Fallows added that although South Gloucestershire is a safe place to live, he recommends keeping valuable jewellery in a safe, marking it with one of the colourless forensic marking fluids commercially available, and keeping photographs of the pieces.
Two men were arrested on Monday 29th April in connection with the burglary and remain on police bail pending further enquiries.
Related link: Police in Bradley Stoke (The Journal)
Last 5 posts in Police
- Jubilee Centre ASB camera deployment ended after six months - January 23rd, 2020
- Police issue warning following spate of patio door break-ins - November 15th, 2019
- CCTV zone set up near Jubilee Centre - July 30th, 2019
- Working group formed to tackle “spike” in ASB - July 8th, 2019
- New year starts without a single PCSO in the Stokes - February 12th, 2019