Planning officers at South Gloucesterhsire Council (SGC) have granted permission for a new family restaurant and public house to be built at the Vantage Office Park in the south-east corner of Bradley Stoke.
The site, on the corner of Winterbourne Road and Old Gloucester Road (opposite the Amcor plant), is currently vacant but has outline planning permission for office use.
Brewing and management company Greene King has obtained permission to construct a 1,163sqm “amenity restaurant” that will operate under the Farmhouse Inns brand.
Permission was granted by officers under ‘delegated authority’ powers, as no objections to the scheme were received within the statutory period.
The company claims that up to 70 jobs will be created at the new development, of which half will be part-time.
Vehicular access to the site will be via the existing access road into the office park off Old Gloucester Road. A total of 92 parking spaces will be provided, together with space for 20 bicycles.
Greene King says the new restaurant will be “predominately a place to meet and eat”, with food representing 65 to 75% of sales.
“Distraction facilities” will be provided for children and there will be specific areas for informal business meetings.
The company avoided the need to provide an assessment of the impact of the new development on the vitality and viability of nearby town centres (such as the Willow Brook Centre, home to a Harvester restaurant) by submitting its application before SGC’s Core Strategy, the district’s long-term planning blueprint for the period up to 2027, has been fully adopted.
Image: Artist’s impression of the new restaurant, viewed from Winterbourne Road.
More info: Planning application for restaurant/public house (SGC)
Last 5 posts in Planning
- McDonald's presses on with third planning application for advertising signage - April 22nd, 2020
- Councillors overruled: McDonald’s and Starbucks drive-throughs allowed on appeal - February 26th, 2020
- Permission granted for McDonald's and Starbucks drive-throughs at Willow Brook - January 16th, 2020
- Might golf course homes scheme now resurface? - October 30th, 2019
- West of England councils told to start again on strategic housing plan - October 14th, 2019