Yesterday evening (Sunday 3rd August), my husband and I walked down to the lake in Bradley Stoke with our dog.
At the lake was a group of young people, approx. 14-16 years old. One of them, a young lad about 14 was throwing stones into the lake. The ducks, thinking he was throwing food, had all congregated very near him. When l saw what he was doing I asked him to stop. As I was doing this, one of the stones hit one of the ducks.
Both of us shouted at him and told him to stop it, at which point he started turning nasty. We told him if he hit one more duck, I would call the police. He then became very agitated and said that us shouting at him was making him throw more stones in the lake.
At this point we decided to leave. This was one very nasty little man who had no manners and a complete disregard for the ducks on the lake.
Please can people look out for this behaviour at the lake. I only wish l had taken his photo with my phone and emailed it to all the local headmasters in the area.
Image: Archive photo of the Three Brooks lake in Bradley Stoke.
Last 5 posts in General News
- Bowsland Green’s Covid-19 ‘happiness snake’ finds a new home at Willow Brook - 26th October 2020
- Bradley Stoke Library reopens for browsing - 25th October 2020
- ‘Autumn in the Stokes’ photo competition launched - 17th October 2020
- The scarecrows are coming to town! - 14th October 2020
- Woodland paths set for improvement - 8th October 2020