Yesterday evening (Sunday 3rd August), my husband and I walked down to the lake in Bradley Stoke with our dog.
At the lake was a group of young people, approx. 14-16 years old. One of them, a young lad about 14 was throwing stones into the lake. The ducks, thinking he was throwing food, had all congregated very near him. When l saw what he was doing I asked him to stop. As I was doing this, one of the stones hit one of the ducks.
Both of us shouted at him and told him to stop it, at which point he started turning nasty. We told him if he hit one more duck, I would call the police. He then became very agitated and said that us shouting at him was making him throw more stones in the lake.
At this point we decided to leave. This was one very nasty little man who had no manners and a complete disregard for the ducks on the lake.
Please can people look out for this behaviour at the lake. I only wish l had taken his photo with my phone and emailed it to all the local headmasters in the area.
Image: Archive photo of the Three Brooks lake in Bradley Stoke.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020