Residents have the chance to voice their opinions on matters affecting the local area at a meeting of the Bradley Stoke Safer and Stronger Community Group (SSCG) this Thursday (30th October) at the Baileys Court Activity Centre, Baileys Court Road (BS32 8BH; 7pm start).
SSCGs influence how services are delivered locally, establish longer-term plans to improve areas, help prevent future problems, and deal with current local issues.
The meetings are attended by representatives from the local police, fire service, health service, Bradley Stoke Town Council and South Gloucestershire Council.
Priority issues identified at the previous meeting in July, for which progress will be reported at this month’s meeting, include:
- Speeding on Savages Wood Road, near the Willow Brook Centre
- Unsafe shared cycle/footpath on Bradley Stoke Way between Aldi and Tesco roundabouts”.
New local community issues listed on the agenda are:
- Greencore Prepared Meals – odour complaints
- Speeding in Woodlands Lane
- Pear Tree Road – danger at pedestrian crossing
- Three Brooks Nature Reserve – youths / anti-social behaviour
- Footpath from Braydon Avenue to the Nature Reserve – various issues
Anyone can attend an SSCG meeting and raise concerns about issues in the local community. The meeting then agrees on a small number of priority issues, for which actions are assigned to the appropriate authorities.
Last 5 posts in General News
- "Disco effect" on-off street light issue could be caused by software fault - 13th January 2021
- Thousands of crocus bulbs planted to mark success of polio eradication project - 11th January 2021
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bradley Stoke primary school registers 62 positive cases - 22nd December 2020
- Bradley Stoke in Bloom autumn update - 16th December 2020
- Bradley Stoke scarecrow trail hijacked! - 7th December 2020